Wed Dec 3, 2003
We are online if image is green.
Stream MP3 file with Flash?
Flash MP3 Player
Today in History:|
1818: Illinois entered the Union as the 21st state.
Netscape 6 Email Help For Windows
Configuring Nescape 6 to receive your Domain email
Before You Begin...
You will need to know your:
- Domain Name ( ex. metasphere.net)
- User Name (Provided by metasphere.net or your System Administrator)
- Password Provided by metasphere.net or your System Administrator)
- The outgoing mail server for your dialup or broadband internet connection. You should have been provided this information from your Internet Service Provider at the time of your service activation, or you may find it in the settings for your dialup email account.
The above information, with the exception of your outgoing mail server, should have been provided to you at your hosting activation by your system administrator. If you do not know what any of these are, contact your System Administrator. If you do not have or do not know what a System Administrator is, click here to submit a request for for Email assistance finding your information or System Administrator.
Getting to the Preferences
- Below is an image of the Netscape Navigator 6.x (Communicator) browser window.
- To configure Netscape Mail or News click Tasks then Click Mail and Newsgroups from the top of the Netscape window to view Netscape Mail and News settings.
- Once configured you can go directly to the Netscape Mail by clicking the envelope image on the lower left corner of the Netscape window.
If you have never used Netscape Mail, the wizard will launch automatically. If you have an existing account, your inbox will open. To get to your account settings, click Edit from the top bar, then select 'Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings'.
Select New Account
In the Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings, select New Account.
Account Wizard Step 1--Account Type
In the first screen of the account wizard, select account type ISP or email provider. Click Next.
Account Wizard Step 2--Identity
- In the field Your Name: type your name as you would like it to appear in the heading of all emails you send. You can leave this blank and your name will not appear.
- In the field Email Address: type your email address (ex. email@example.com).
- The Mail Server Type should be POP3.
- In the field Incoming mail server: type mail.yourdomain.com ( ex. mail.metasphere.net --do not use the www ).
- In the field Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: type The outgoing mail server information provided by your dialup or broadband Internet Service Provider. This should have been given to you at the time of your signup or installation with your Internet Service Provider.
In the field provided, type your user name.
In the field provided, type whatever you would like to refer to this account as. This field is a preference, it can be whatever you might like to call this email account ( ex. My Domain Name Email...firstname.lastname@example.org )
The final screen of the wizard will show you all your inputs. Check carefully for typos or other errors. If everything appears correct, Click Next.
Your email account has now been set up to be received by Netscape Messenger. If you have problems or issues, contact your system adminstrator, or click here to contact us and we will be glad to help you.